Yi’an (依安) – Date of Liberation: 31 December 1945
This map only gives rough impression about area and location. The town Yi’an (依安) had 1946 two names at the same time. The second name was Longquan (龍泉). To simplify this in 1953 both town names were combined to Yilong (依龍). Please do not mix up with Tai’an (泰安), which was renamed to Yi’an (依安) in September 1979.
1st stamp issue (Kerr 80.12-17)
|Provisional Issue:||Stamps Overprinted "Chinese Postal Service Temporarily Used" and Surcharged|
|Issued by:||Yi'an Postal Administration (依安郵政管理局)|
|Overprint||"Chinese Postal Service Temporarily Used" and Surcharged ("中華郵政 暫作" 改值郵票)|
|Overprint method:||Hand-overprinted with rubber chop|
|Currency:||Northeast Currency (東北幣)|
|All stamps of this issue shown here.|
|Trade Prices 2018 (USD)|
|Kerr Cat. No.||Remarks|
|1 元 / ½ 分 ●||blackish brown||K13|
|1 元 / 3分 ●||blackish ochre brown||K13|
|1 元 / 10 分 ●||rose red||K13|
|5 元 / 40 分 ●||blackish oliv||K13|
|Set of 4|
Other overprinted stamps like 1 元 / 2 分 or 5 元 / 12 分 are early forgeries. This stamp issue was also used in Tai’an (泰安).
– All shown sets exists (at least one stamp of each set) genuine used on domestic covers.
– Kerr 80.1-3: Set is unknown to be genuine used, possible not issued / bogus
– Kerr 80.4-8: Set is unknown to be genuine used, possible not issued / bogus (please see my comments for Kerr 80.18-19)
– Kerr 80.9-11: Set is unknown to be genuine used, possible not issued / bogus
– Kerr 80.18-19: Set is known to be genuine used, missing a good scan, will be the 2nd issue of Yi’an (issued May 1946). If you have a good scan of a cover please let me know! Same as for Kerr 80.12-17 unused stamps are unknown. This set only comprise a single stamp: 1 元 / 10 分 (is an unlisted stamp of set Kerr 80.4-8) surcharged with an additional 2nd grey overprint: new value + ” Temporarily Used for” (暫作).